Company name: NEC Corporation
Means of contact: This Website (through the inquiry form)
STEP1 Input Input
STEP2 Check Check
STEP3 Send Send
AgreementInformation to be Provided where Personal Data Are Collected
Please make your inquiry after having carefully read and given consent to the following:
Controller of the Personal Data
Contact Details of the Personal Data Administrator
Manager Telecom Services Business Unit/Network Solutions Business Division/Fiber Optic Devices Department, NEC
Means of contact: This Website (through this inquiry form)
Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data
The purpose(s) of Processing your Personal Data is
To respond to inquiries.
To respond to requests (such as by providing materials or information, or returning verification results)
To introduce or relay information about companies (NEC Group companies, NEC distributors, etc.) that deal with NEC products, services, and solutions that you may be interested in
To provide information or publicity materials about NEC products, services, and solutions
To provide information about events such as seminars and exhibitions
To conduct surveys and analysis, and analyze website access trends so as to improve products and services
To contact customers.
Legal Basis for processing your Personal Data
Categories of Personal Data
The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
Information that are collected on or through the website
name, e-mail address, company name, industry, country, product
Personal data automatically collected from user devices
usage history of services provided, IP address, location data, and device ID (app operation history and advertising ID) of user devices contained in cookies
For the purposes states above, we may share information you provide with one or more of our affiliates and distributors throughout the world. We also share information provided by you with service providers that have been retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of our affiliates. Please note that some affiliates and third parties may be located in countries outside of the EEA that do not have data protection laws that are equivalent to those of your country. However, we take adequate measures to ensure that your personal data will at all times be protected in accordance with applicable regulations.
We way also disclose your personal data to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Upon receipt of your inquiry from the contact form, your personal data will be sent to Japan, where the European Commission has recognized as provide adequate protection of personal data.
Data Subject Rights
You have the right with regard to the personal data you provide as follows;
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided to controller 1 (1) above.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs.
- Right to object if processed for direct marketing: You have the right to object (free of charge and at first request) against the intended processing of his/her personal data, if the processing is undertaken for direct marketing purposes.
Statutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of Personal Data
Provision of personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide your personal data, we may not be able to meet your requests or give access to our services
Your personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purposes for using them.
Non-exisitence of Decision-making Based Solely on Automated Processing
The access log for this website undergoes analysis, howerver, we do not make decisions that might affect you based solely on automated processing of the personal data that you provide, including profiling, in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior.
The website uses encrypted communications via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for personal data protection
Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organizational measure to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
Please visit https://www.nec.com/en/global/cookies/index.html for more information.Notice for Californian Residents
Personal Information That We Collect
How We Collect Information
We collect information from a variety of sources. The following are categories of sources from which information may be collected:
- When you contact us via the "Contact Us" section on the Site, or otherwise actively send us data (in each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it); and
With Whom We Share Your Information With
You have the right to know if your personal information is shared with any third party. NEC do not share personal information of Californian residents with third parties, including NEC group companies and NEC affiliates.
Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to know whether your personal information is being sold. Your personal information is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable considerations.
NEC does not sell your personal information, thus we do not provide an opt-out.
Under the CCPA, you have the right
- to know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom your personal information was shared;
- to request deletion of personal information;
- to access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
- to opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- to ensure that consumers are not discriminated against for exercising any of their rights
You can submit a request to us using the contact form provided on our website. However we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of the individual, we may require additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.