CCPA Privacy Notice for California ConsumersEffective: June 22, 2020
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is in force effective January 1, 2020. This notice outlines the specific disclosures required by the CCPA.
Personal Information That We Collect
How We Collect Information
We collect information from a variety of sources. The following are categories of sources from which information may be collected:
- When you contact us via the "Contact Us" section on the Site, or otherwise actively send us data (in each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it); and
With Whom We Share Your Information With
Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to know whether your personal information is being sold. Your personal information is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable considerations. NEC does not sell your personal information, thus we do not provide an opt-out.
Under the CCPA, you have the right
- to know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom your personal information was shared;
- to request deletion of personal information;
- to access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
- to opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- to ensure that consumers are not discriminated against for exercising any of their rights
You can submit a request to us using the contact form provided on our website. However we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of the individual, we may require additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.